If you use MomentPath Billing, you will want to make sure to enroll your students in a billing plan. Billing plans are usually used to issue invoices for tuition payments. Follow these steps to enroll a child in a billing plan:
1. Tap on the child’s profile, then tap on their individual billing tab. Then tap "+Add Plan"
2. Enter in the following information:
- Plan: This is the tuition plan you would like to enroll the child in
- First Invoice Date: This is the first day a child should be invoiced automatically. For example, if my center invoiced monthly on the 15th of the month for next month, I could set this date to the 15th of this month.
- Override Rate: This allows you to set the plan amount to a different quantity. For example, if your tuition plan is $1000/month, but you have a student grandfathered in at $900/month you can set the override rate to "900". Instead of being invoiced for $1000, this child would be invoiced for $900
- Last Invoice Date: This is the last day a child should be invoiced automatically for this plan. If you know this child will be changing rooms or leaving the center, you may choose to set the last invoice date field. For example, if my center invoices on the 15th of the month, and this child should not be invoiced for next month, I could set the expiration date to the 15th of last month.
If the child receives a discount or receives tuition assistance, tap the “+Add Payer/Discount” button
3. If the child receives a discount, select “Discount” from the first drop-down menu. Next, select the type and ensure the amount is correct. The amount can be represented in dollars or percentages. Tap “Apply”.
If the child receives tuition assistance, select “Other Payer” from the dropdown menu. Other Payers may include government reimbursement programs such as CCDF. When choosing “Other Payer” you are inferring that you will receive funds from someone other than the family members of the child, usually at a later date. Tap “Apply”.
In this example, we will apply a sibling discount for $15
4. You may add multiple discounts or payers. Once you are satisfied with the allocations, tap “Save”.
To learn more about adding plans to your billing set up, please visit this guide.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org